- Peaceful city centre green space near to many local attractions. Popular site for events and promotions.
- Opening hours: Open at all times
- Admission is free
- Parking: limited parking around the green
- Nearest public toilets at the Central Library, College Green.
- Accessible from all sides and no restrictions on times to visit. Numerous wheelchair accessible pathways.
How to find us
College Green is surrounded by Bristol Cathedral, Bristol City Hall and the southern end of Park Street just off the centre of Bristol.
College Green, Bristol, BS1 5UY
College Green is a popular site for media launches, press calls and photography. Exhibitions, charity fundraisers and product launches take place here including:
- Bristol Half Marathon press launch
- Welcome Event for the European Union Ministerial Conference
- Annual Young People's Services Playday
- Tethered balloon promotions
- Annual Sikh community celebration
- Bristol Pride
Holding an event
If you are interested in holding an event on College Green, please view the City Centre Spaces page.
Due to the sensitive nature of the site, any proposal to hold an event on College Green will need to be agreed by the landowners, Bristol Cathedral, as well as by the city council. The contacts below will arrange this on behalf of event promoters.
There are many interesting buildings around College Green, including the Cathedral, City Hall, Abbey Gatehouse, Central Library, and the Lord Mayor’s Chapel (originally St Marks).
The marble statue of Queen Victoria outside the Marriot Hotel commemorated her golden jubilee in 1887.
In front of the Central Library is a statue of Raja Rammohun Roy, the Indian reformer who was buried in 1843 at Arnos Vale cemetery.
A number of organisations are involved in managing and maintaining College Green. If you are not sure who to approach with your enquiry, please contact the City Centre Spaces Manager in the first instance.
Harbour Estate Services Officer - Bristol City Council
0117 903 9061
Andrew Philipps - Chapter Clerk
0117 946 8172
Bristol City Council - City Hall
Gordon MacLean, Facilities Manager, Central Support Services
0117 922 3930
Barry Ranger, Security Services, Central Support Services
0117 903 1550
Statues and monuments
City Design Group
0117 922 3366
Crime and anti-social issues
Police 0845 67000
PC David Jackson
Community Beat Officer - Avon and Somerset Police
0117 945 5023