How to get free advice from the Citizens Advice consumer service and how to contact them.

The law protects your consumer rights Go to (opens new window) when you buy goods or services.

If you're treated unfairly or things go wrong, you can get free, confidential and impartial advice from the Citizens Advice consumer Go to (opens new window) service.

The consumer service can help with problems such as:

  • faulty goods, or goods that have been described incorrectly
  • poor service
  • what to do if you think you've been scammed

The consumer service can also refer your complaint to Bristol Trading Standards who might investigate on your behalf.

Contact the Citizens Advice consumer service

You can:

If you have an energy problem, you can also chat with the service online Go to (opens new window).

If you're a Bristol business and you need help or advice with a trading standards issue, visit Trading standards for business.