Ashton Court Estate
Ashton Court Estate
Country park and mansion with 850 acres of woodland and grassland and many activities.
A number of facilities and other services in parks will remain closed until further notice. Find the latest changes to park services due to coronavirus (COVID-19).
Admission and opening times
There is normally no charge for admission. You may have to pay for entry to some parts of the estate if a special event is running at Ashton Court.
The estate is open Monday to Sunday from 8am. Closing times are different throughout the year:
- 5.15pm in November, December and January
- 6.15pm in February
- 7.15pm in March
- 8.15pm in April
- 9.15pm in May, June, July and August
- 8.15pm in September
- 7.15pm in October
Ashton Court Estate is open over the Christmas period but check the dates for car parks and cafes.
To report a problem at Ashton Court visit our report a problem in a park page.
Ashton Court Estate, Long Ashton, Bristol, BS41 9JN
There are three car parks in Ashton Court. The car parks open at 8am.
Parking costs £1.20 per vehicle per day. You can use your parking ticket in any of the Ashton Court car parks for that day. You can also return during the same day without paying again.
There is no parking charge for Blue Badge holders, motorcycles and scooters.
Open every day over the Christmas period including Christmas Day.
When charges apply:
- Church Lodge car park (Dovecote): from 10am
- Mansion House car park: from 9am
- Clifton Lodge car park (Golf): from 6am
Charges apply until the estate closes. Closing times vary throughout the year.
There are two disabled toilets in the stables courtyard.
If you use a wheelchair, have restricted mobility or are visually impaired, it may be difficult to get around the estate due to the terrain and topography.
The stables courtyard is level but has a cobbled surface.
There is limited wheelchair access to the formal gardens.
Find out about the courtyard cafe's accessibility on DisabledGo.
- Mansion House car park: 10 disabled parking bays
- Clifton Lodge car park (Golf): one disabled parking bay
- Church Lodge car park (Dovecote): 10 disabled parking bays
Spring 2021 conservation measures
Areas of the estate near the Clifton Lodge car park have been roped off.
These are temporary conservation sites to protect the valuable species which live on the estate.
These temporary conservation sites will remain until further notice.
Please do not enter the temporary conservation areas. Instead, stay on the mown and surfaced paths and also keep your dogs on a short lead around the plateau.
Safety advice for our deer parks
You should follow our advice if you enter the deer enclosures:
- Keep your distance from the deer
- Don’t touch the deer
- Don’t try to photograph the deer at close range, use a long-range lens
- Don’t attempt to feed deer, by doing this you are teaching them to approach humans for food which is dangerous for all visitors
Dog walking and deer
If you choose to walk your dog in a deer enclosure then you do so at your own risk. Keep to the paths and keep your dog on a short lead.
You could face criminal prosecution if your dog chases deer, and other wildlife, in parks.
When you visit our parks and open spaces, be aware of ticks. To help avoid tick bites, keep to clearly defined paths, use insect repellent and check yourselves for ticks when you get home.
To work as a volunteer at Ashton Court Estate and how to apply, visit our volunteer in parks page.
Ashton Court Mansion
The mansion is open from 11am to 4pm, Wednesdays to Sundays.
It is now run by Artspace Lifespace, a registered charity.
You can find out more on the Artspace Lifespace website.
Facilities and features
- courtyard café
- Coach House
- golf course café
- toilets with baby changing facilities (access via the stables courtyard)
- woodland garden
- picnic area
- deer parks
- golf course
- ballooning: the annual Bristol International Balloon Fiesta is held at Ashton Court Estate
- Golf, FootGolf and Disc Golf
- miniature railway: check the Bristol Model Engineers website for prices and opening times
- mountain biking
- parkrun: a free 5km run every Saturday; register at the Parkrun website
- Birdwatching: find out what species of bird can be found and when at Ashton Court Estate (pdf, 667KB) (opens new window)
Flying model aircraft, including drones
Model aircraft, including drones, can't be flown on the Ashton Court Estate. However, you can fly them in parts of:
Toilet opening times
Ashton Court Mansion: Monday to Sunday, 9am to 5pm.
Ashton Court golf: Monday to Sunday, 7.30am to 7pm.
Address: The Stables Courtyard, Ashton Court Estate, Long Ashton, Bristol, BS41 9JN.
Serves hot and cold drinks and food.
To protect you and our staff, we’re making the following changes:
- keep 2 metres away from staff and other customers
- only move in the direction of the arrows
Don’t visit if you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) (NHS).
Monday to Sunday, 9.30am to 4.30pm (kitchen closes 30 minutes before closing).
Opening times may vary. Call 0117 963 9176 for more information.
Address: Ashton Court Golf and Cycle Centre, Ashton Court Estate, Long Ashton, Bristol, BS8 3PX
Serves hot and cold drinks and pre-packaged food.
Monday to Sunday, 9am to 4.30pm, kitchen closes 30 minutes before closing.
Opening times may change depending on the weather. Call 0117 963 9176 for more information.
The Coach House has a takeaway coffee and ice cream bar, as well as an information centre. Children’s activity books and walking trail maps are available in the Coach House.
The Coach House is open on most weekends and good weather days from April to October.