Blaise Castle Estate
Blaise Castle Estate
A 650 acre Grade II* registered parkland including children’s play area, museum and castle.
Admission and opening times
Admission is free. Access may be restricted on major event days.
Blaise Castle Estate is open every day from 7.30am. Closing times vary throughout the year:
- 5.15pm in November, December and January
- 6.15pm in February
- 7.15pm in March
- 8.15pm in April
- 9.15pm in May, June, July and August
- 8.15pm in September
- 7.15pm in October
To find out when the dairy garden and castle are open, see noticeboards at the estate.
Blaise Castle Estate, Kings Weston Road, Lawrence Weston, Bristol, BS10 7QS
There are two car parks:
- main car park off Kings Weston Road at BS10 7QS
- small car park off The Dingle at BS9 2PA
The car parks close at the same time as the estate.
Car parks are closed on 25 December.
There is no charge for parking.
You can find an access guide on the DisabledGo website.
- main car park: five disabled parking bays
- small car park: one disabled parking bay
The entrance to the estate from the small car park is through a kissing gate that's not accessible to wheelchairs or mobility scooters.
If you use a wheelchair or mobility scooter you can access the site from the main car park at Kings Weston Road.
Facilities and features
- Blaise Castle House Museum
- Blaise Hamlet (National Trust property)
- Blaise Castle
- Blaise Plant Nursery
- Dairy and gardens
- children’s play area with areas for younger and older children
- toilets with baby changing facilities: toilets closed on 25 December
- benches and picnic areas
- BBQs are allowed as long as you raise them off the ground
- one cricket pitch
- grassed space for play and sport
- lily pond
- horse riding, a two mile trail runs from Kings Weston Road car park to Kings Weston Down
- orienteering, the course is managed by Bristol Orienteering Klub
- Nordic walking, sessions are run by Bristol Nordic Walking
- buggy-friendly walking, Walks With Buggies has an accessible walking route
Model aircraft, including drones
Under the park byelaws, you can fly model aircraft, including drones, in part of the Blaise Estate (pdf, 680KB) (opens new window) .
The model aircraft must weigh 7kg or less, without its fuel. The person flying the aircraft must:
- be a member of the British Model Flying Association
- register with the Civil Aviation Authority and get a Flyer ID
- have public liability insurance
Blaise Castle Estate café
Address: Blaise Castle Estate, Kings Weston Road, Bristol, BS10 7QS
The café serves sandwiches, snacks, ice creams and drinks. Both indoor and outdoor seating is available. There are toilets including a disabled toilet block and baby changing facilities.
There are cycle racks outside the café.
October to March: Monday to Sunday, 9am to 2.30pm
April to September: Monday to Sunday, 9am to 5pm
Bank Holiday opening times: 10am to 2pm
Opening times may change depending on the weather.
There are footpaths in the estate. You can download maps of our walking routes:
1¼ miles (40 minutes)
Has views over the gorge. Woodland trails with some steep inclines that can be muddy.
1½ miles (50 minutes)
Has views of the gorge and surrounding woodland. This walk uses surfaced and woodland paths. There are steep inclines.
Kings Weston Down walk
1½ miles (35 minutes)
Includes woodland paths, grassland and the Iron Age hill fort.
3 miles (1 hour and 45 minutes)
Includes many of the estates natural features and historical buildings. This walk uses surfaced paths and woodland trails on mixture of terrains. Includes steep inclines.
The Royals and St Mary's Church walk
1¼ miles (50 minutes)
Includes The Royals and St Mary's Church Yard. This walk uses woodland trails, grass and surfaced paths. The main drive is suitable for buggies.
Awards and heritage
Site of special scientific interest: protected area of importance for conservation.
The Friends of Blaise is a community group that works in cooperation with the Council to maintain and improve the Estate. For more information and their activities or to join, e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org.