Large open space including a large adventure play park and wheels park for skateboarders and BMX riders.
The Dome at Hengrove Play Park is temporarily closed
This is for safety reasons.
We're sorry for the inconvenience and are working to repair it as soon as possible.
Admission and opening times
There is no charge for admission. The main park and wheels park are open at all times. The play park has opening times.
Hengrove Park, Hengrove Way, Hengrove, Bristol BS14 0HR
There is no dedicated car park. Find out where to park in Bristol.
The park is mainly flat with tarmac paths, but Hengrove mounds is hilly and has rough paths and uneven ground.
There are accessible toilets at the play park.
To find out about accessibility at the play park, you can look at an access guide on DisabledGo.
Facilities and features
- The Beach Hut Café (inside the play park)
- toilets with baby change facilities (at the play park with the same opening hours)
- play park
- wheels park for skateboards, rollerblades and BMX riders
- seating areas and picnic areas (not covered)
- wildlife area at west end of park
Model aircraft, including drones
Under the park byelaws, you can fly model aircraft, including drones, in part of Hengrove Park (pdf, 445KB) (opens new window) .
The model aircraft must weigh 7kg or less, without its fuel. The person flying the aircraft must:
- be a member of the British Model Flying Association
- register with the Civil Aviation Authority and get a Flyer ID
- have public liability insurance
Hengrove Park is an event site with occasional events and a weekly car boot sale. Find more information on the Whitchurch Car Boot Sale website.
Hengrove play park
Opening times apply to the play park (pdf, 1.1MB) (opens new window) .
We reserve the right to change these opening times at short notice for reasons like maintenance, weather and staff shortage.
1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022
- Monday and Tuesdays: closed (except in Bristol school holidays)
- Wednesday: 10am to 5pm or dusk, whichever is earlier
- Thursday: 10.30am to 5pm or dusk, whichever is earlier
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday: 10am to 5pm or dusk, whichever is earlier
1 April to 30 September
- Monday: closed (except Bank Holidays and in Bristol school holidays)
- Tuesday: 10am to 6pm
- Wednesday: 10am to 6pm
- Thursday: 10.30am to 6pm
- Friday and Saturday: 10am to 6pm
- Sunday: 10.30am to 6pm
Play park disabled access
Thursday and Sunday the play park will open for inclusive settling sessions with restricted access from 9.30am to 10.30am.
Our inclusive settling sessions are for disabled children so they can enjoy all areas of the play park with their siblings and family.
To access the site, parent/carers must show their Bristol Register of Disabled Children Pink Card, or other local equivalent.
Beach Hut cafe
Monday to Sunday: 10.30am to 4.30pm, kitchen closes at 4pm.
Opening times may change depending on the weather.
Find out about the Beach Hut cafe.
Hengrove skate park
Open at all times.