Dome open again
The dome structure at Hengrove adventure play park is repaired and fully open (May 2015).
- Large open space on the site of the former Whitchurch Airfield, four miles from the city centre. Includes four acre play park for all ages and wheels park for skateboarders and BMX riders.
- Hengrove park area is open all year round.
- Hengrove play park
10am to 7pm (April to end September)
10am to dusk (October to end March)
10am to 6pm, weekends and bank holidays (all year round)
- Hengrove wheels park
The wheels park is open all year round although the floodlights go off at 10pm. There is only someone on site whilst the play park is open.
- Admission is free
- Parking: Parking is free in the Hengrove Leisure park complex
How to find us
Access to Hengrove Park is via Hengrove Way, the Leisure Park, Bamfield, and pedestrian routes at the rear of St Giles Estate and Whitchurch Sports Centre.
Hengrove Way, Hengrove, Bristol BS14 0HR
Google map of Hengrove park
- Cafe (located at Hengrove play park)
- Toilet facilities (located at Hengrove play park)
- Play park
- Wheels park
- Seating areas and picnic areas
Hengrove play park
Biggest free play park in the south of England. Includes facilities for all ages from toddlers to teenagers.
- 12 metre high dome with a jungle play experience
- Sand and water play for younger children
- Distinct zones for different age groups
Map and layout of Hengrove play park. (pdf, 1.1 MB) (opens new window)
For more information contact the play park on 01275 836 946.
Hengrove wheels park
The wheels park includes features for BMX, rollerblades and skate boards:
- Half pipes
The wheels park also hosts a number of local extreme sports events and workshops.
Wildlife and conservation
At the west end of the park there is an unusual bowl-shaped area rich in wildlife. This site contains species-rich grassland on the banks, with marshy areas in the base, and trees and hedgerows linking the bowl to the road.
Second Floor, Bazaar Wing, Brunel
PO Box 3176
Bristol, BS3 9FS
Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 5pm
Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm
Tel: 0117 922 3719