Large open space including a large adventure play park and wheels park for skateboarders and BMX riders.
Admission and opening times
There is no charge for admission. Hengrove Park is open at all times.
Hengrove play park
1 April to 30 September:
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday to Sunday: 11am to 6pm
Bristol school holidays: Open every day to 7pm, or 6pm if demand is low or bad weather.
1 October to 31 March:
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday to Sunday: 10am to 5pm, or dusk if earlier.
Bristol school holidays: Open Monday and Tuesday, except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and Bank Holidays.
Hengrove wheels park
Open at all times.
Hengrove Park, Hengrove Way, Hengrove, Bristol BS14 0HR
There is no dedicated car park. Find out where to park in Bristol.
The park is mainly flat with tarmac paths, but Hengrove mounds is hilly and has rough paths and uneven ground.
There are accessible toilets at the play park.
To find out about accessibility at the play park, you can look at an access guide on DisabledGo.
Facilities and features
- Café (at the play Park) open Saturday and Sunday 11am to 5pm
room available for children’s parities, £15 per hour, contact site office to book
- toilets with baby change facilities (at the play park)
- play park (see play park map for facilities (pdf, 1.1MB) (opens new window) )
- wheels park for skateboards, rollerblades and BMX riders
- seating areas and picnic areas (not covered)
- wildlife area at west end of park
Model aircraft, including drones
Under the park byelaws, you can fly model aircraft, including drones, in part of Hengrove Park (pdf, 445k) (opens new window) .
The model aircraft must weigh 7kg or less, without its fuel. The person flying the aircraft must be a member of the British Model Flying Association and have public liability insurance.