Large open space including a large adventure play park and wheels park for skateboarders and BMX riders.
A number of facilities and other services in parks have been closed until further notice.
Find the latest changes to park services due to coronavirus (COVID-19).
Admission and opening times
There is no charge for admission. Hengrove Park is open at all times.
Hengrove play park
We reserve the right to change these opening times at short notice for reasons like maintenance, weather and staff shortage.
Winter opening times: 1 October to 31 March
- Monday and Tuesdays: closed (except in Bristol school holidays)
- Wednesday: 10am to 5pm
- Thursday: 10:30am to 5pm
- Friday: 10am to 5pm
- Saturday: 10am to 5pm
- Sunday: 10:30am to 5pm
Will close at dusk if that’s earlier than 5pm
Christmas and new year closed dates
Play park will be closed on:
- Tuesday 24 December (Christmas Eve)
- Wednesday 25 December (Christmas Day)
- Thursday 26 December (Boxing Day)
- Wednesday 1 January (New Year’s Day)
- Monday 6 January
- Tuesday 7 January
Summer Opening hours: 1 April to 30 September
- Monday: closed (except bank holidays and in Bristol school holidays)
- Tuesday: 10am to 6pm
- Wednesday: 10am to 6pm
- Thursday: 10:30am to 6pm
- Friday: 10am to 6pm
- Saturday: 10am to 6pm
- Sunday: 10:30am to 6pm
Thursday and Sunday the park will open for settling sessions with restricted access from 9:30am to 10:30am.
Play park: inclusive settling sessions
Times: 9:30am to 10:30am, Thursdays and Sundays
Our inclusive settling sessions are for disabled children so they can enjoy all areas of the play park with their siblings and family.
To access the site, parent/carers must show their Bristol Register of Disabled Children Pink Card, or other local equivalent.
Hengrove skate park
Open at all times.
Hengrove Park, Hengrove Way, Hengrove, Bristol BS14 0HR
There is no dedicated car park. Find out where to park in Bristol.
The park is mainly flat with tarmac paths, but Hengrove mounds is hilly and has rough paths and uneven ground.
There are accessible toilets at the play park.
To find out about accessibility at the play park, you can look at an access guide on DisabledGo.
Facilities and features
- The Beach Hut Café (inside the play Park): 10am to 5pm Saturday and Sunday, open 7 days a week during Bristol schools holidays (times subject to weather conditions)
room available for children’s parties, £15 per hour, contact site office to book
- toilets with baby change facilities (at the play park)
- play park (see play park map for facilities (pdf, 1.1MB) (opens new window)
- wheels park for skateboards, rollerblades and BMX riders
- seating areas and picnic areas (not covered)
- wildlife area at west end of park
Model aircraft, including drones
Under the park byelaws, you can fly model aircraft, including drones, in part of Hengrove Park (pdf, 445KB) (opens new window) .
The model aircraft must weigh 7kg or less, without its fuel. The person flying the aircraft must: