Oldbury Court Estate
- Grade II registered parkland with woods, riverside paths and excellent children's play facilities. Plenty of of green spaces and picnic areas. Also popular with walkers.
- Opening hours: Open at all times
- Admission is free.
- Parking: There are two car parks, open 8am to dusk (please check onsite signs stating exact closing time as this varies through the year)
- Oldbury Court Estate car park: off Oldbury Court Road, Fishponds, Bristol BS16 2JH
- Snuff Mills car park: at the end of River View, Stapleton, Bristol BS16 1DL
How to find us
Oldbury Court Estate is around three miles from the city centre in the Fishponds area.
Oldbury Court Estate, Oldbury Court Road, Fishponds, Bristol BS16 2JH
Google map of Oldbury Court Estate
- Café kiosk and terrace seating by adventure play park
- Toilets with disabled toilet and baby changing facilities
- Children's play park. Access from the main estate entrance adjacent to the Oldbury Court car park. Suitable for children aged 0 - 13 years.
- Tea hut and toilets at Snuff Mills
- Picnic spots - BBQ allowed except on cricket square
Activities and attractions
- Fishing (fishing is permitted in the River Frome at Snuff Mills and beyond, but only within the designated areas marked on the path along the river)
- Frome Valley Walkway (can be accessed via Eastville Park)
- Sport pitches (there are two football pitches, one cricket pitch and a large expanse of grassed space for informal play and sport)
- Snuff Mills
- There are stretches of flat tarmac paths by Oldbury Court Estate car park and at Snuff Mills that are suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs.
- A footpath follows the River Frome to Frenchay as part of the Community Forest Path and as part of the Frome Valley Walkway which starts near Eastville Park.
A variety of events are organised with the Snuff Mill Action Group, an active local user group working together to improve Snuff Mills, Wickham Glen and Oldbury Court.
Snuff Mills park has a number of woodland and riverside walks and a community garden.
Walk along the river banks of the River Frome from Oldbury Court Estate or from the tea rooms off Broomhill - or park in the car park at the end of River View, Stapleton, Bristol BS16 1DL.
Oldbury Court Estate is very popular with walkers. There is a great network of pathways, an orienteering path and several different pathways along the river. There are also many picnic spots around the estate.
Follow the winding paths and drives connecting with other parks and green spaces along the Frome Valley such as Snuff Mills and Eastville Park and enjoy the wide views across the city.
A leaflet about the Frome Valley nature trail is available from Bristol Parks on 0117 922 3719 or from the Snuff Mills tea hut.
- Site of Nature Conservation Interest
- A Grade ll historic landscape covering over 300 acres
Elsewhere on the web
- Fishponds Local History Society Go to http://fishponds.org.uk/index.html (opens new window)
- Fishponds People Go to http://www.fishpondspeople.co.uk (opens new window)
- Frome Valley Go to http://www.fromevalley.co.uk (opens new window)
- River Avon Trail Go to http://www.riveravontrail.org.uk/ (opens new window)