Stoke Park Estate
Stoke Park Estate
Historic park and garden alongside the M32.
A number of facilities and other services in parks have been closed until further notice.
Find the latest changes to park services due to coronavirus (COVID-19).
Works to build an accessible footpath
We're removing 10 trees in a small area in the north east of Stoke Park, starting on Wednesday 16 February.
This is so we can build an all-weather and accessible footpath.
The work should take around 4 days, but is weather dependent.
There will be a diversion in place for pedestrians.
The wood from the felled trees will be recycled on site.
15 lime trees have already been planted along the M32 side of the park to replace the felled trees.
Admission and opening times
There is no charge for admission. Stoke Park Estate is open at all times.
Stoke Park Estate, Duchess Gate, Park Road, Stapleton, Bristol BS16 1AU
There is no dedicated car park. Find out where to park in Bristol.
To find out about accessibility at Stoke Park Estate, you can look at an access guide on DisabledGo.
Cattle and goat grazing
Facilities and features
- dew pond at the base of the northern slope
- fishing lake, also known as Duchess pond
- Hermitage Tunnel (Grade II listed)
- Purdown BT Tower
- the yellow Dower House, built in 1563 as a private stately home, but is now converted to private flats
- woodland areas and trees
- the nearest public toilet is at Snuff Mills Park, five to ten minutes walk away from the Duchess entrance on Park Road
- Purdown Percy, a World War 2 anti-aircraft battery (scheduled monument)
Stoke Park Estate has a community group which supports the estate. To find out more visit the Friends of Stoke Park Facebook page.
You can follow one of our three walks:
- Stoke Park Walk (pdf, 200KB) (opens new window)
- Barn Wood Walk (pdf, 216KB) (opens new window)
- Hermitage Walk (pdf, 211KB) (opens new window)
- Stoke Park trail map (pdf, 3.7MB) (opens new window)
Awards and heritage
- Regionally Important Geological and Geomorphological Site: an important place for geology and geomorphology
- Site of nature conservation interest: protected area of importance for wildlife