Technology enabled aids
A range of equipment that can help you live in your own home safely.
Most of these aids are designed to help you live independently, but some equipment can alert a carer if you have a problem.
Types of electronic aids
- Magi-plug stops the bath overflowing
- Memo-Minder helps forgetful people by providing reminders when you walk past
- Easy 5 Silver Phone is a simple mobile phone with only seven buttons
- Bed occupancy sensor switches on a light when you get out of bed
- PivoTell is a programmable automatic pill dispenser
You can see the complete list of electronic aids in our Bristol assistive technology and telecare equipment guide (pdf, 426 KB) (opens new window).
How to get technology enabled care solutions
Buy your own
You can buy your own electronic aids direct from Bristol Careline. Many people prefer to buy privately, rather than wait for funding from us.
Get them from us
If you’re eligible for a service from us, we might be able to supply your technology enabled care. Contact us using our Care Direct contact and referral form or call 0117 922 2700.
Alarm and emergency line
If you want to be able to call for help if you have an emergency, find out more about Bristol Careline.