Information on how to change your name, address, or photo on your licence.

The way you apply for taxi and private hire licences is changing

On 9 January 2023, you will be able to:

  • apply for all licences online
  • contact us using an online form

Find our pdf overview of the changes (441 KB) .

More details will be available on our website, and sent to existing licensees.

You need to tell us if any of the following have changed:

  • your name
  • your address
  • your appearance

Tell us about a change

If you want someone else to discuss your application or licence with us on your behalf, youll need to give us written permission.

Change of name

You must send us the deed poll certificate.

Change of address

If you've changed your address, you'll need to let us know so we can update your records.

You also need to tell the DVLA you've changed address.

Your appearance has changed

If your appearance has changed significantly from the photo on your current badge, we'll need a new photo to update your badge.

The condition of your health has changed

You need to tell us straight away if your health has changed.