You need an operators licence if you want to operate licensed private hire vehicles driven by licensed private hire drivers.
How to apply
You need to send us the following items:
- pdf Grant and renewal application form (275 KB)
- pdf List of vehicles form (141 KB)
- Three forms of identification (such as a birth certificate, passport, utility bill or bank statement)
- Evidence of your right to work in the UK
- Basic Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service (if you don't hold a Private Hire or Hackney Carriage Driver Licence with Bristol City Council)
Email your application and scans or photographs of the supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll contact you by telephone to make payment.
You can also post them to Licensing team (Temple Street) Bristol City Council PO Box 3399 Bristol BS1 9NE.
Applications take at least 10 working days to be processed.
If you want someone else to discuss your application or licence with us on your behalf, youll need to give us written permission.
You can renew your operator licence up to 6 weeks before it expires.
How much it costs
A private hire operator licence may be granted for up to five years and costs:
1 Year: £290
2 Years: £400
3 Years: £580
4 Years: £720
5 Years: £860
You should read the operator conditions in the Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Licensing Policy pdf Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Licensing Policy (1.16 MB) before submitting your application.