We use the Taxi Forum to present draft policies and ideas to anyone interested in taxi licensing.
The Taxi Forum is used to present draft policies and ideas to the trade and for trade representatives to raise and discuss matters with the Council.
The forum gives an opportunity for you to informally ask questions of those involved in taxi licensing and to make suggestions on how taxi licensing policies can develop over time.
Meetings are held on a regular basis and are normally chaired by the chair of the Public Safety and Protection Committee.
Membership of the forum consists of:
- an elected member of the Council’s Public Safety and Protection Committee
- Council Officers
- Hackney Carriage and Private hire trade representatives (nominated by an organisation or community group)
You can read the Taxi Forum terms of reference (pdf, 68k) (opens new window) .
How to join the Taxi Forum
If you want to join the taxi forum then read the terms of reference above and complete and submit the the Taxi Forum application form (word doc, 45k) (opens new window) .
Applications are considered by the chair of the Taxi Forum.
- To be arranged
Location: City Hall, room to be confirmed
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend.
(opens new windoTaxi forum meeting notes
- Taxi Forum notes September 2017 (pdf, 294k) (opens new window)
- Taxi Forum notes July 2017 (pdf, 211k) (opens new window)
- Taxi Forum notes April 2017
- Taxi Forum notes March 2017
- Taxi Forum notes January 2017 (pdf, 190k) (opens new window)