Change of circumstances

Change of circumstances: taxi driver licence

You’ll need to contact the licensing team if any of your personal circumstances have changed.  Email

If you want someone else to discuss your application or licence with us on your behalf, you’ll need to give us written permission.

Change of name

You’ll need to supply official documentation if you’ve changed your name.  We’ll accept:

  • A passport
  • A driving licence
  • A deed poll certificate

Change of address

If you’ve changed your address you'll need to let us know so we can update your records.

Report a change of address

Your appearance has changed

If your appearance has changed significantly from the photo on your current badge then you should contact the licensing team as we will need a new photo to update your badge.

The condition of your health has changed

If you feel that your health is affecting your ability to drive your taxi safely then you should let the licensing team know as soon as possible.

You may need to carry out a medical examination with your doctor to ensure that you’re fit to drive.